Hooray, we are not eliminated
I take nothing away from the Boston Red Sox because last night’s improbable comeback after being down 7-0 in the seventh was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that game, probably one of the better baseball games I have seen in a long time. HOWEVER, I must take issue with a few things…
1. The Sawx acted like the just won the World Series with that victory last night completely disregarding the fact that they have been totally outplayed by the Rays this series and have to go back to Tampa and win not one, but two games there. Oh and did I forget to mention that Tampa is 9-2 at home against Boston this year, cause they are. I’m just saying that the Rays are not going to just roll over and die because the big bad Red Sox got desperate and put their all-star closer in the 7th inning to give up 2 runs and every break went their way (i.e. Upton not making that grab in center field, and Longoria making that poor throw to first after making an incredible stop at third.) This Tampa team has been doubted all year and just keeps winning and I don’t see any reason why they don’t close this out in 6.
2. All the fake Fenway fans. Come on, leaving in the middle of the 7th inning of the playoffs? That is pretty pathetic and I don’t respect “fans” like that. You always stay till the end, it is part of being a fan. You have to suffer through the good games and the bad ones. She looks like a real fan, I bet she will stay until the end of game 6, yeah I bet they are real, wait, what was I saying…
3. I must say, I am excited that James Shields is pitching in game 6. My favorite baseball player who is also a cereal and him get along really well. So that should be fun.
4. Everyone who is saying this is the greatest comeback ever. Yes I’m looking at you SportsCenter who seemed to waste no time in putting together a countdown of the best postseason comebacks in history. This will only qualify as the best comeback ever if they win the series, otherwise it was just a great game and ultimately will be little more than a footnote in MLB history. Buuuuut, if that type of garbage is your thing, you can read Bill Simmons’ nauseating column from today. I used to love the Sports Guy, and sometimes I still do, but I just can’t read anything else he writes about Boston without wanting to stick a pencil in my neck.
5. The Rays better treat game 6 like game 7 though. I don’t think I want to face Jon Lester in game 7, I would rather take it to Beckett in game 6 who is clearly not healthy.
I just want to add, I really don’t care who wins this series because I want the Phillies to win the whole thing. And if you could guarantee that the Red Sox would lose in the world series, I would want them, so I can heckle shepshepard the whole time who loves the Sox. The Rays, on the other hand, are the best story in baseball this year. So I’m cheering for good games, and being drunk. But mostly for drunk…and possibly her.
No comments yet.